The Vice-Chancellery for Research and Technology is one of the main administrative divisions in the university that attempts to develop fundamental and applied researches, and provide scientific and consultative services for meeting the scientific-industrial demands of the country. This division is also critical for promoting the status of the university, nationally and internationally, while enhancing its dominance in the production of science and technology.
Main Objectives and responsibilities:
- Expand on programs that facilitate the creation of a knowledge based and research oriented production through strengthening academic staff roles, and developing post graduate study programs
- Develop research centers in interdisciplinary fields and advanced technologies
- Apply persuasive policies that enhance technology and commercialize research results
- Identify university research preferences and support group research activities
- Identify current challenges and remove existing obstacles