The Vice-Chancellery for research and Technology is one of the main administrative divisions in the university that attempts to develop fundamental and applied researches and to provide scientific and consultative services for meeting the scientific-industrial demands of the contry as well as promoting status of the university,nationally and internationally,and enhance its dominance in the production of science and technology.
Main Objectives and responsibilities:
- To extend programsfor moving towards creating a research university oriented and knowledge production through strengthening the academic staff roles and developing the post graduate study programs.
- To develop research centers in interdisciplinary fields and advanced technologies
- To apply persuasive policies in order to expand the technologies and to commercialize the research results
- To identify the university research preferences and to support group research activities
- To identify the current challenges and remove the existing obstacles.